homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead survival plan

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead survival plan
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:04:22 -0700

clanSkeen wrote:

Oh, I forgot to add that Tvo's best point on the survival plan was that
part about lots of red wine. The wisdom is irrefutable!

"The grape whose logic absolute
The two and seventy jarring sects confutes
The enchanted alchemist that in a trice
Life's leaden metal into gold transmutes"
(From the Rubbaiyyat)

James

tvoivozhd---uncanny---the Rubaiyat is all that got me through Primary flying
school in Tulare, California. I had the best of instructors, world-renowned
acrobatic pilots, even the best parachute-rigger I have ever seen. But the
washout rate was over 50% which was demoralizing. I carried a copy of the
Rubaiyyat in my left rear pants pocket at all times.