homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:12:04 -0400

> tvoivozhd---had one of those too., and a machine for restoring dead TV
> monitors.

Ah yes, that contraption that overheated the filament and then vibrated the
cathode until the oxidation flaked off giving you a clean raster for a
little while longer. My very last Heathkit I built was the transistor curve
tracer that fed into the oscilloscope for the display. That way I could
buy up those drums of industrial surplus transistors and check the paramters
of the good ones and use them in my repair business.

Jesus, what a head full of old useless things I have.

" Nam memini etiam quae nolo, oblivisci non possum quae volo "
Cicero in De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum
"Teach me not the art of remembering,but the art of forgetting;For, I
remember things that I do not wish to remember but, I cannot forget things I
would wish to forget".

James