homestead - Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !

  • From: Kathyann Natkie <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:39:18 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

> I don't doubt that if Bush stays in office that we'll hand over the country
> in January. It's not likely that elections can be held then, but it's also
> no likely that the Bush folks will stay around much longer than that.

I predict an "Oops, sorry/ Can't pull out now. It would be demeaning to
our position in the world."

> I assume that the tax breaks must be for the wealthy, if anyone is getting
> them. I make a healthy income, and I haven't seen a dime in tax reduction.
> Has anyone on this list?

Tax breaks not for us. Taxes on unemployment raised and that's all the
cash we had. (because of the "formula" we were unable to get a fraction
of our pay withheld while working solidly since our teens until jobs
exported. Not sure where we'll get the cash to pay the tax.) We eat
because we homestead.

Kathyann