homestead - Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:23:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2004 4:59:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net writes:
I don't want this to happen -- does any American? -- but I don't see any
effort being made to prevent it as we spend our, more and more limited,
resources on Iraq.

Marie
But we are there, so we need to quit this sniping over past decisions and
deal with the present. If you would have us just leave Iraq, we will empower
the
terrorists for generations to come with the "victory" over america. We are
committed to finishing things there and handing the country over to an
elected
govt. January is still the date for this. We do need to improve the port
inspection process, and although much is being done the public is not aware
of, more
can be. Can we do both? of course. The national guard would play no role in a
port authority crackdown. Electronic surveillance has been stepped up and
training and hiring of port authority security is going on. We can only hope
it is
enough and on time.

Drew