homestead - Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:28:45 EDT

Toni, I have no argument with either of the three points you raised.

However, I note you neatly avoided answering my question. I will restate
it for you, and for others who may not remember.

Would you rather have terrorists attacking trained soldiers there, or
untrained schoolchildren here?

My brother-in-lay is a special forces pilot who is constantly back and forth
in various areas. He was in MT briefly on leave a few weeks ago, and I
asked him how he felt about it all. He was the one who voiced the opinion
reflected in the question I pose to you.

Now, I realize there are no guarantees... in anything. It becomes a matter
of degree, and preparation. While things are still going on there, it
gives me time to teach and prepare my children for any eventuality I can
imagine.
This is what I am currently engaged in doing.

I do not call myself "well fixed", as you put it. However, I am not
relying on anyone to take care of me, or mine. That is my responsibility,
and I
take it very seriously.

Ray