homestead - Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:26:11 -0700

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 9/19/2004 9:22:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tonihawr AT msn.com writes:
I remember that Osama bin Laden has
been 'implicated' - so why are Americans
filling caskets in Iraq ?

Toni
"implicated" Toni? you don't think he did it eh?
that would explain some things. Did you miss the part about Iraq and more specifically their former leader
paying 25,000.00 bounty to terrorists for each American
they killed?????? You doubt his connections to terrorists
to, I take it???

tvoivozhd---the first Iraq war where Powell and Bush I extracted defeat from victory, never ended---as you mention there was a Saddam $25,000 reward for anyone bringing down a U.S. warplane enforcing the "No-Fly" zone. The upside was that it gave us an opportunity to degrade Saddam's detection and communications systems across a long period of time so thety hardly existed when we went back full force in 2003---well, not FULL force---the White House Idiot saw to it that our best Fourth Armored did not participate in the invasion, and he saw to it that we did not have the half-million troops necessary to achieve quick, permanent and almost lossless victory in the aftermath.

The 2003 "invasion" was merely a long overdue ending of the 1993 to 2003 war with Saddam. Great idea to get rid of the SOB---which Bush I had not the sense to do. The great risk to the U.S. was the coupling of Saddam's oil money to guerrilla warlords in the Mideast (I despise the "terrorist" appellation, it implies they are different than old-time guerrilla forces---totally untrue). That risk included Saddam's financing of freely available (from Russia or North Korea) nuclear weapons, biological weapons and numerous delivery systems---missiles, guerrilla pilots in 747's or Airbuses, guerrillas in control of shipping containers, guerrillas with explosives, or biological weapons in tractor-trailers or any inconspicuous automobile. Saddam's intent was clear, ever since that bastard Chirac conspired with him to to build the Osirak nuclear reactor to make bomb-grade plutonium, and sell him Roland missiles.

If anyone makes his intent clear to do you in, you have to kill him first---not wait for another Twin Towers event. Forget about the "pre-emptive strike bullshit. What you do not want most is for a pre-emptive strike on the U.S.---by sheer good luck, the Japanese pre-emptive strike at Pearl Harbor took out our ground aircraft, took out our battleships, but our aircraft carriers were accidentally at sea and escaped destruction. Had that not been the case, it would have been enormously more expensive, or impossible to reverse the Japanese tide. I love pre-emptive strikes---those by the U.S. against a mortal threat.