homestead - RE: [Homestead] Americans, go home !

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Americans, go home !
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:58:37 -0500

Ray asked:

<<Would you rather have terrorists attacking trained soldiers there [in
Iraq], or
untrained school children here?>>

Without the invasion, terrorists wouldn't be attacking anyone in Iraq.
Saddam had the country clamped down. We've opened the way for the
terrorists, and they'd as soon attack kids as soldiers, probably rather as
kids don't have a means of defense.

<<Our presence in Iraq, right or wrong initially, is acting as a calalyst,
and
drawing terrorist attention there. I prefer that they (the terrorists)
stay there, rather than having to deal with attacks here.>>

They won't, though. Terrorists will attack who they want there, and then
they'll attack here when they can. We are not making an effort to contain
the Pakistani trade in nuclear weapons, and we are not putting money into
port security. I won't be surprised if the next attack is a dirty bomb or a
small nuclear device in a US city.

I don't want this to happen -- does any American? -- but I don't see any
effort being made to prevent it as we spend our, more and more limited,
resources on Iraq.

Marie