homestead - Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Americans, go home !
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:32:32 -0700

I love pre-emptive strikes---those by the U.S. against a mortal threat.

Iraq was not a mortal threat and the proof was the posture of her neighbors.

At one time, the Soviets were a mortal threat. They had devastating stuff pointed at us needing only the double key-turn. What if we had struck preemptively? Those of us who survived would be cutting logs with stone tools.

We could preemptively strike North Korea and Iran right now and justify it as strongly as we did Iraq.

I fear the preemptive strike theory will cause us more long-term harm than good.