freetds - RE: [freetds] problems configuring..

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] problems configuring..
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:59:47 +0100

Mmm... checking index again

2. Build FreeTDS
3. Install FreeTDS
4. Advanced configuration (so, normal configuration is included in
install)
5. How to get what works with it working
php
odbc
Here we shouldn't repeat all steps for building and installing.... but ODBC
need special configuration totally different from other...

> You may recall tds_connect() is due for an overhaul, by me.
> I'm going to
> split out:
>
> 1. Reading the configuration files (local).
> 2. Determining the server's ip address (DNS).
> 3. Connecting to the port (network).
> 4. Logging in (TDS).
>
> I think, however, you already have some information you're
> not conveying.
> If you failed at #4, there's a message from the server. If you failed
> before that, you have the servername, and its hostname and address.
>
> So your messages could be:
>
> 'FreeTDS: Client unable to establish connection to
> "Servername" on
> machine "hostname" at address "192.168.1.17" ', or
>
> 'FreeTDS: Login to server "Servername" failed for user
> "Username"
> '.
>
> Those would be helpful, I think.

Sounds good. 0.61 or 0.62 ?

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."