freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alf-Ivar Holm <affi AT csc.no>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced
  • Date: 26 Feb 2003 19:16:25 +0100

ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it> writes:

> Alf-Ivar Holm <affi AT csc.no> writes:

> > This behavior even happens when I use Apache + PHP and locale.conf:
> > When I start the Apache, I get "Timer i år", but after I while (some
> > hours, or some days) I get "Timer i ?r". When I restart apache I get
> > "Timer i år" again.

> Columns name (in tds7+) are always coded in wire in ucs2, so it should be
> translated with your setting (iso8859-15 if I remember) while varchar/char
> (8bit characters) are not translated (came directly from server). Why
> change... I don't know... what can change in configuration? Some
> environment? What say phpinfo() ?

I have now done a diff on the phpinfo() output when the header is
correct vs incorrect and there are no ODBC or language specific
differences (The LANG (environment) variable toggles between "en_us"
and "en_US" over time, though!?), only UNIQUE_ID and REMOTE_PORT
differs, which seems to change from time to time.

I'm looking for a way to debug this behavior. Is there some way that
I can inspect what the "char set" value of locales.conf is set to, via
PHP?

Affi