freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Owen <dowen AT midsomer.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced
  • Date: 24 Feb 2003 10:41:14 -0700

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 08:23, Paul Rensing wrote:

> BTW, iBiblio's FTP server reports the RPM files as being of type
> "audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin", presumably because of a clash of file
> extensions. Anything to be done about that?
This is an old and hackneyed problem that is unlikely to go away soon.
As another poster pointed out, it is nothing to do with the FTP server,
it is the association that is held within your browser, and I would like
to hazzard a guess that the browser was running on some form of
Windoze?? If you were able to use a Linux browser, it would either have
downloaded immediately or been opened by one of the GUI RPM managers. I
think that RealAudio has moved away from streams being RPMs, so you
could safely go and remove the association!

BTW did I miss some announcement? Did I blink twice? Is there some
unwritten rule that rc3 sounds phonetically so rude in Icelandic that it
is never used? How did we go from rc2 to rc4 so fast?

dowen
--
David Owen Midsomer Consultants Inc. dowen AT midsomer.org
Maintainer of the Sybase FAQ: http://www.isug.com/Sybase_FAQ