freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Rensing <prensing AT cimetrics.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.61rc4 posted and announced
  • Date: 24 Feb 2003 10:23:21 -0500

I think that splitting the RPMs is a good thing. I am not sure about the
"doc" RPM, but the others make sense. Most library packages separate the
development ("devel") package from the main libraries, so that you don't
need the headers, etc. if you are not compiling. Also, putting the
unixODBC drivers in a separate package is appropriate, since not
everyone wants or needs the ODBC code (or maybe they use iODBC).

BTW, iBiblio's FTP server reports the RPM files as being of type
"audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin", presumably because of a clash of file
extensions. Anything to be done about that?

Paul Rensing