freetds - RE: [freetds] slow freetds-sybase perfromance - thorough test

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] slow freetds-sybase perfromance - thorough test
  • Date: 10 Feb 2003 13:35:47 -0800

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:23, Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

Sybase negotiates the packet size based on various configuration
parameters (on the server side), and on the requested packet size in the
client. In general for a Sybase server to use larger packets you will
have to configure something called "additional network memory", although
I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.