freetds - RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:14:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:33:29 -0500 (EST), Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 1. I compiled against Microsoft's headers (not trusting binary
> > compatibility for struct layouts, etc.).
> > 2. The dump I got appears to have port 1433 traffic on it, not
> > SMB packets.
> >
> > Interested? If so, I'll mask out passwords, etc, and email it to you.
>
> For the record, Bob sent me the file. Unlike me, he got a TCP
> session (not SMB). Like me, he got TDS 4.2.
>
> Apparently we are unable to force a TDS 7.0 connection to SQL Sever
> 2000 using Microsoft's db-lib.
>
> It may be necessary for someone to write t0022.c in terms of ODBC,
> and try that.

I have done the ODBC version, and captured a dump from the traffic.
It's definitely not using TDS 4.2, and it's definitely TCP port 1433
traffic, but I don't think it's TDS 7.0 (or even recognizable 8.0 that I
can match up with the login.c code -- though I have to say, for all the
talk about rationalizing the code layout to make it more consistently
readable, I'm still having a tough time making my way through the format
of this stuff). Perhaps a fancy version of TDS 8.x?

I'll send you the dump, James, but from a different email address (the
network my mail server is on is the target of a DOS attack right now,
and doing email on it is a bit painful at the moment).

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com