freetds - RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:25:33 -0500

The functionality of retrieving an output parameter from a stored proc is
useful and not obsolete. The token that 4.2 used is deprecated, that's all.
Its functionality was *not* dropped; in fact it was replaced by something
that allows for something >64 KB IIRC.

I haven't had a chance to look at Bob's last trace, the one he did with MS
ODBC. I'd like to do that at least, before we completely give up on it.

If the TSQL docs for SQL Server 2000 indicate that output parameters are no
longer supported, that would be news to me.

t0022.c should report if it has insufficient permissions. I don't know if
we should consider that a failure or a lack of trying. :-)

out such orders and/or instructions.