freetds - RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Output parameters (was: Strange things)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:31:22 -0500 (EST)

Hey that's my round about way you are talking about! ;-) Seriously, if you
have other suggestions to get the server to generate the same output
stream, speak up!

Anyway, not all servers support temporary stored procecudures so that was
not a viable option for the test. We could put a check for if TDS 7.0
then used a temp stored proc, but I think the functionality that this
demonstrates is valid, and was indeed requested by a user, so I'd like for
there not to be any opportunity for regression.

Brian