freetds - RE: indent (next shot:) )

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: indent (next shot:) )
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:01:50 -0500

At 3:06 PM -0500 10/28/2002, Lowden, James K wrote:
Splain to me, just so I'm clear, is this right:

if ((ret = tds_process_row_tokens(dbproc->tds_socket, &rowtype,
&computeid)) == TDS_SUCCEED) {

Why don't we end it with making this:

if ((ret = tds_process_row_tokens(dbproc->tds_socket, &rowtype
&computeid)) == TDS_SUCCEED) {

i.e. only use 1 tab past the start line for multi line statement indention?

Having the stuff way out to the right is more confusing to me, not less. (Though I don't mind padding things over when it's less than 1/2 the way across window, but I'd imagine indent can't do that.)

Also, the idea of using a formula seems really strange. My understanding is that Brian's position is to not change his tab stop because he uses it on multiple projects (and I feel the same way).

So now we have to do the math to figure out how far to ident something? Or run indent before every checkin?

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin