freetds - Re: CygWin

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Daniel Morgan" <danmorg AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CygWin
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:39:36 -0400

I checked out from cvs freetds and compiled on cygwin. This is the build
error i got. It appears I do not have ksh installed. ksh is the korn
shell, right? It does not come with cygwin. Anyways, I'm sure I can modify
the make file to bypass the docs.

Making all in doc
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/DanielMorgan/freetds/doc'
./txt2man -P FreeTDS -t FreeTDS -r 0.60 ./freebcp.txt >freebcp.1
exec: ksh: not found
make[1]: *** [freebcp.1] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/DanielMorgan/freetds/doc'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

object files in freetds/src/tds/.libs:
challenge.o iconv.o libtds_objects.a mem.o token.o
config.o libtds.a libtds_objects.la numeric.o util.o
convert.o libtds.dll.a locale.o query.o vstrbuild.o
cygtds-1.dll libtds.la login.o read.o write.o
des.o libtds.lai md4.o threadsafe.o

Shouldn't cygtds-1.dll be tds.dll or libtds.dll?

object files in freetds/src/dblib/.libs:
bcp.o dblib.o libsybdb.a libsybdb.la rpc.o
cygsybdb-2.dll dbutil.o libsybdb.dll.a libsybdb.lai xact.o

Shouldn't cygsybdb-2.dll be sybdb.dll or libsybdb.dll?

object files in freetds/src/ctlib/.libs:
blk.o ct.o cygct-0.dll libct.dll.a libct.lai
cs.o ctutil.o libct.a libct.la

Shouldn't cygct-0.dll be ct.dll or libct.dll?

So, the DLLs on cygwin appear to be created. I don't think the names are
correct though. I haven't tested them to see if they work yet.