freetds - RE: CygWin

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sven Köhler <skoehler AT upb.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: CygWin
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:51:51 +0200

By the way, I just noticed that "make install" doesn't work properly,
because of windows stupidity about filenames like '//usr/local' that begin
with two slashes. For a workaround try this command, and I'll see if I can
work up a real fix for this at some point:
make DESTDIR="" install

no sir, i disagree with you.

1. windows NT does support double slashes, altough it thinks, that an expression starting with // is an UNC path
2. because we're talking about cygwin, cygwin has to take care about converting UNIX-style paths to windows paths
//usr/local should be converted to c:\cygwin\usr\local
which might not happen correctly.

what "windows stupidity" concerns: this statement turned against you.

i would recomm, mailing to one of the cygwin-lists.