freetds - Re: CygWin

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sven Köhler <skoehler AT upb.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: CygWin
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:04:45 +0200

I'm just trying to figure out why Sven was asking us to keep cygwin
support...when I thought I had just added it. I can't imagine why I would
add support for something and then suddenly remove it (as I thought he was
implying somebody might do intentionally). No hostility was intentionally
directed at Sven, I'm just genuinely confused and perhaps a little disturbed
by his question.

you might add cygwin-support in this version, but might forget it in future releases. I don't know, if you are using it at all, or if it's just a friend of yours, that tested FreeTDS on cygwin.
testing a release on cygwin-compatibility is not easy for a guy who only has a linux-machine.

in addition, i don't know many apps, that compile under cygwin with no modifications. cygwin is sometimes disliked.
i.e. the team behind GnuPG denied any patch which would improve cygwin-support, but the native win32-build was _very_ old.