freetds - Re: UG clarification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark H. Wood" <mwood AT IUPUI.Edu>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: UG clarification
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:28:55 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Brian Bruns wrote:
[snippage]
> > IOW, no /usr/local/etc, per FHS at any rate. I say
> >
> > ./configure --with-prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc/freetds
> >
> > looks like a winner. What do you say?
>
> I'm in agreement if everyone else is. My main concern is that we do this
> change once and only once.

Hmmm, shouldn't that be '--sysconfdir=/etc'? Then, if the kit wants to
put configuration stuff in a 'freetds' subdirectory, it should refer to it
as $SYSCONFDIR/freetds. No?

(You see, I got tired of playing hunt-the-config long ago and coded an
/etc/config.site:

# Site defaults for GNU autoconf

test "$localstatedir" = '${prefix}/var' && localstatedir=/var
test "$sysconfdir" = '${prefix}/etc' && sysconfdir=/etc

so no matter what the kit thinks SYSCONFDIR ought to be, it makes no
difference here.

I also have a number of symlinks back from hither/etc, yon/etc, usw. to
/etc to support stuff that was compiled before I concocted my
config.site.)

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer mwood AT IUPUI.Edu
MS Windows *is* user-friendly, but only for certain values of "user".