freetds - Re: UG clarification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: UG clarification
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:36:10 -0400

What people can do with /bin/sh is a wonder.

I don't think mine's ugly. Suppose I commit it, and you can decide what
gets tagged for release? Whatever you want to support is OK by me.

> > That would keep 'em confused for a while. :)
>
> Wow, that's just cruel! ;-)

So, we have to nice always?

> I've got the UG update for SybSQL completed, are you going to
> sync with
> CVS at some point or should I send the snippit along to you
> for merging (it's in docbook format already)?

It would be best for me if you just send it to jklowden AT schemamania.org.
I'll plop it in while the editor's still open, as it will be for a while.
I'd rather not sync up something half-baked.

> Newer version of openclient support server lookups through LDAP, which
> I've thought is a really intriguing idea.

I wish I thought LDAP was going to turn into something other than a
dunderheaded monstrosity. It's such a good idea, and seems to have utterly
failed in execution. OTOH, it's a hierarchical information store, and that
makes me wonder what Sybase wants from LDAP that it couldn't get from DNS.
(I probably should read the RFC again, eh?)