freetds - Re: UG clarification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: UG clarification
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:41:29 -0400

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:48:06 -0400 (EDT) "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:
> >
> > ./configure --with-prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc/freetds
> >
> > looks like a winner. What do you say?
>
> I'm in agreement if everyone else is. My main concern is that we do
> this change once and only once.

Quite so. Best to ask for opinions now, while we have all the smart
people in one place (whoever they are). :)

> Actually when i install apache from source they show up under
> $prefix/conf, so that's probably a bad example ;-)

Ah, someday I'll learn to check my facts. Let's pick a more august list:

bash, bind, ntp, openssl, postfix, samba, sudo.

Those are in my /etc. Possibly some were coerced there.

My sense of the consensus here is that

/usr/local/lib/libtds.so.0.0 # et. al.
/etc/freetds/freetds.conf

are desirable outcomes, however achieved. Solaris (as usual?) has its own
notions, but it sounds like the free OS users are much of one mind. Any
naysayers?