freetds - Re: UG clarification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: UG clarification
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:24:41 -0400

Thanks, Bill, that would be great. I know that was a backhanded way of
asking. I hope I wasn't rude.

> BTW, My text editing skills are limited to
>
> a) vi
> b) MS Word
> c) Notepad

I know what you mean. Every time I work on the UG, I think, I really have
to learn emacs (which has a mode for everything from moonshots to sgml).
But I never do.

Straight text would be fine. If you wouldn't mind, the following would make
my job much easier:

1. After any special term, put "</>". For example,

FreeBCP</>.

2. If the special term includes whitespace, precede it with "<>". For
example,

<>FreeTDS 0.60</>.

That would be enormously helpful. I'll run your text through a wee bit 'o
Perl to convert it to sgml from there.

Hey, will ya look at that! Documentation documentation, right before your
very eyes!

But if that sounds like a discouraging hassle, I'll accept anything
representing a rudimentary form of English. We aim to please, because we
pocket your share of the royalties.

Cheers,