freetds - Re: Who owns dblib?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Who owns dblib?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

> [Sorry for the length of the following...]

No need to be sorry, it was exciting and beautiful. I don't
have the overview to create a plan for the future like that,
and I'm glad to see someone with your knowledge working on it.
It sounds pretty good to me (as a ctlib user), so you have my
support.

To summarize and check that I understand, the main ideas are:

Create a code branch freetds 2.0 with Scott doing most
of the initial work for tds, ctlib, and cslib. Resources
permitting Scott will convert/help with dblib but that is
not his main focus.

Initial goals for freetds 2.0:
Document TDS interface
Cleanly separate TDS public vs. private interfaces, data.
Move conversions into a CS-Lib implementation
Full cancel support
Remove TDSLOGIN (Isn't there a CS_LOGINFO? Looks uncommon but still...)
Create and use TDS_COMMAND for result data
Support cursors
Support more result types

> Thanks!
> -scott