freetds - Re: SQL 7.0 Dates not coming through properly

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: SQL 7.0 Dates not coming through properly
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:49:56 -0700 (PDT)

> You da MAN!

Naw, I just debug stuff. But thanks!

> Works great now. No PHP crashes. Dates are looking pretty good, that is,
> dates that aren't 1/1/1900. I've got a bunch of dates that I've defaulted
> to 1/1/1900 when we don't know the actual date, and those are coming
> through as Feb 7, 2036 6:28 AM. Is this a "unix interpreting 2 digit years"
> being different from Windows representing 2 digit years? On the sun box I
> previously mentioned, we've been doing a workaround by only pulling data
> after Jan 2 1900, and I think it was this same issue.
>
> Should I just force my default date to 1/2/1900 and live with things, or is
> there something quick that can be done? This isn't a show-stopper for me,
>
> Tim Wasson
> Koch Industries
> Wichita KS, USA

I ran across that date problem once. I think it was timezone
related. If I send a date that is 1/1/1900 0:00AM PDT it gets
converted to 1/1/1900 -7:00AM GMT. Then when retrieved that will
be interpreted as -7 hours from the biggest (furthest in the future)
time value.

If you can't use null values for the date field, then I'd suggest
either trying 1/1/1900 X:00AM or sticking with your 1/2/1900 workaround.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174