freetds - Re: Who owns dblib?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom Poindexter <poindexter.tom AT tci.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Who owns dblib?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:01:35 -0600

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 09:08:58AM -0400, Scott C. Gray wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Bob Kline wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Scott C. Gray wrote:
> >
> > > If I had my druthers, what I would really like to see is for
> > > the db-lib layer to be implemented on top of the ct-lib layer.
> > > This would actually by pretty nice because you could use it
> > > on top of Sybase's ct-lib as well.

> But, since I don't have the time to do it, this is really only a
> suggestion if someone gets a hankerin' to tackle it.

I have a modest DB-Lib implementation on top of CT-Lib. I wrote it
initially for my Sybtcl package, back when Sybase released CT-Lib for Linux,
but didn't have DB-Lib or any other Linux support.

My 'ctcompat' library is fairly limited, but does provide enough functionality
to let Sybtcl work. The big exceptions are binds (Sybtcl uses dbdata()
instead), and provides .3 - .5 of all DB-Lib functions.

See my Sybtcl package at:
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/tcl.html#Sybtcl

--
Tom Poindexter