freetds - Re: Sybase TDS Specification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott C. Gray" <gray AT voicenet.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase TDS Specification
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:23:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 ark AT eltex.ru wrote:

> nuqneH,
>
> I've noticed some advanced authentication options, like multiple servers
> authentication, challenge-response techniques and so on - is it really
> implemented?

Its been in there for a while. Take a look at the Security Guardian
product. This is an Open Server component that sits between ASE
and the client and utilizes these features to provide advanced
security, such as packet encryption and digital signatures. It
can actually get quite complex.

-scott

--
Scott C. Gray <gray AT voicenet.com> "my keybard is brken"
http://www.voicenet.com/~gray/sqsh.html