freetds - Re: Sybase TDS Specification

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jon Pounder <pounder AT inline.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase TDS Specification
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:13:57 -0400

Yeah, I read the licence agreement and also did not download it for the
same reasons, I agree with all the points you guys have raised.

So, I am calling for someone from Sybase to explain themselves - was this
some underhanded trick to trap the project proponents into a non-disclosure
and non-source agreement and effectively kill the project ?

These days it is almost silly to even include such clauses in something - I
could get a hotmail account, download that spec from a public library
somewhere, and no one could ever tie that download back to me or the
freetds project, and that would effectively bypass the agreement entirely.