freetds - Re: 0.46pre2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paul Schaap" <Paul.Schaap AT dingoblue.com.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: 0.46pre2
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:21:41

Thanyou Brian,

We have alot of Pizza's (Quadra 605) and LC630's but I have yet to succeed
in getting one to run Linux, the 630 really wants to have a SCSI in it
rather than IDE, theoretically I could send you one from Australia but you
may not want it ;-) performance, voltage problems etc.

Seriously though either www.linuxppc.com or www.yellowdoglinux.com are in
the habit of giving or lending hardware and/or expertise now and again, it
may be worth a try .. the G3/450's I am using are very quick :-) and Linux
on the RISC PPC chip is maturing alot faster now-a-days. We are still not
equal with i386 Linux development yet, but we are now getting some games
before MacOS does :-)

I am using apache 1.3.9, php4.0b2 with freetds used in the
--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds and I am fairly certain its endianess as
an unhacked compile brings through :-
1) With an integer field, 50331648 or 50331649 and when I very carefully
hardwired it as big endian it now brings through the number 3 for all the
rows, which is correct.
2) With a float apache segfaults {error_log - [Tue Aug 24 12:59:18 1999]
[notice] child pid 4017 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)}. With the hack
it no longer segfaults and brings back the float as a rounded (up) integer
?? go figure ?
3) With Char and Varchar I get random loss of data with apache reporting
many rows like :-
{Last leak repeated 270 times /home/internet/www00/htdocs/Bill/index.phtml:
Freeing 0x019E9040 (35 bytes), allocated in zend_hash.c on line 380<br>}
This also occurs on the hacked version which could theoretically mean a php
4 memory leak ?!

I can get around most of the problems if I do a
CONVERT(CHAR(4),PRDRTE_ProductID) on the Integer and Float fields in my sql
to return them as char.

REGARDS
Paul