freetds - Re: 0.46pre2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paul Schaap" <Paul.Schaap AT dingoblue.com.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: 0.46pre2
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 3:48:7

Brian,

I downgraded my php to version 3.0.12 and now my CHAR's are working
correctly, so I'd like to warn anybody trying to use php4.0beta 1 & 2 (zend
in particular was giving the errors) which is a shame because zend is MUCH
faster, also the mathematical functions were not working in php4.0beta1 & 2
possibly because I was doing them on CHAR fields but I have not retested
?!?

So my big endian hack is working except for the floats which are getting
automatically rounded up to the nearest integer, could this be freetds or
php3 doing this ? It is definitely round up (ie. 0.50 = 1 & 0.49 = 0) and
the only solution is to multiply each float by 100 and then divide by 100
in the php (for dollars). Also to add to the woes dates are no good either
but I cast those as char anyway.

Basically you already seem to have most (if not all) of the required big
endian logic, it just not being correctly identified at build time.

REGARDS
Paul