corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "meta" <meta AT rraz.net>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:27:06 -0700

"Conceptual connection"--this could be applied to almost anything!

Associating Christ with the Hindu religion might be more, conceptually, with "avatar" than with "atman." Jesus was in the Hindu since an avatar, representative of a god on earth to instruct in truth and practical action.

I don't think Jesus Christ as ho logos, or Greek logos, can be rigorously associated with atman, but perhaps more with the all permeating Brahman. Of course Buddhism pointed out the inconsistency between the individualistic atman and Brahman, since Brahman is All. Anyway I fail to see the purpose of all this; where are you leading? (Perhaps I just failed to read your remarks carefully)

Richard Godwin.

John Brand adds:
Hi, Richard. Its good to see your joining in the discussion. I think
that a conceptual connection between atman and Christ can be argued
if Christ is taken to be ho logos and atman is akin to the Greek
Logos. What do you think, Richard?

In any event, Jeffrey is correct in negating the direct linguistic
connection of Christos/Mashiach and Atman. It would be more accurate
to connect Mashiach with Maitreya through the Aramaic meshia.