corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Tim Gallant" <tim AT rabbisaul.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:04:55 -0700

Edgar Krentz wrote,

But 1 Thessalonians, Philippians and Philemon do not
use OT materials. Hence my point in the first post.
Paul does use the Torah when it is a compelling
argument, does not in other circumst ances.

Right off the top of my head, I can tell you that Paul incorporates Isaiah 45.23 into Philippians 2-10-11, and that passage plays a controlling role in the epistle.

tim

Tim Gallant
Pastor, Conrad Christian Reformed Church

http://www.timgallant.org
tim | gallant site group