corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Did Paul break the Law?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:12:18 -0500

At 09:05 PM 1/12/2005, you wrote:

What Torah regulations will be observed, and what not? you ask, and who
decides? Great questions. I do not see them as obstructions to the
proposition that Torah continued to apply, but messy and interesting, making
for just the kind of strange communal developments and texts of which we are
aware. What would happen if instead of assuming that there were no issues
along these lines we instead hypothesized their probable existence--since
this was after all a movement that was begun by Jewish people for whom
Torah's centrality could not be a priori dismissed--and tried to tease them
out?

The grandest task of all in Pauline studies!

Thanks

Jim

Jim West, ThD

http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com Biblical Theology Weblog