corpus-paul - Re: Paul as Judas' Replacement

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John M. Contabile II" <jcontabile AT earthlink.net>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: Paul as Judas' Replacement
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:16:29

Regarding Acts 14, I see that Luke calls both Barnabus and Paul apostles in
verses 4 and 14. The variant in verse 4 comes about from the addition of
something like "joining with them because of the word of God" after the
word "apostles." I do not see a variant regarding the use of the word
apostle, but I could be missing something! Further, the use of "apostles"
in verse 14 does not seem to be in question.

John Contabile
Student of the New Testament
jcontabile AT earthlink.net