ch-scene - Eh, Whatever!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Eh, Whatever!
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

Here are two lines from this week's Indy - see if you can guess which
act you're encouraged to see and which you are supposed to avoid:

>Brooklyn's Bishop Allen pushes at the border of sugar, jangle and twee pop
>in a way that was palatable until this year's Grrr..., a record of
>solipsistic whining so musically safe you'd think it comes in a condom
>wrapper

>Though Chapel Hill's only the second stop on the Hungry Bird tour, here's
>hoping Barzelay & Co. spend time mining the back catalog's roots-pop gems.
>Otherwise, it could be a long night.

Now, see if you guessed the act that just a few months ago, you were
encouraged to go see by the same writer:

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A267965#yes

I'm not sure what is more pathetic, the inconsistencies of the Indy's
music section...or me taking the time to point them
out...again...glenn

For more, check out:

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A272687&cb=e5f4da9b422da6ee3ca18a8dea3da28d#comments