ch-scene - Re: smoking-in-bars survey at NewRaleigh

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Slater <saulecker AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: smoking-in-bars survey at NewRaleigh
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:36:40 -0400

IMO, this argument (I'll lose buisness!) is invalid if EVERYONE is non-smoking. You CAN'T lose your business to the "other guy" if the other guy is following the same rules you are. Will people stay home if they can't smoke AND drink? I doubt it. Plus most places will adapt like the Cradle has and have a designated place.

k.