ch-scene - RE: smoking-in-bars survey at NewRaleigh

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Katherine Carpenter <wwkd AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: smoking-in-bars survey at NewRaleigh
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:16:11 -0400

I think these polls are amusing and a waste of time; there was one last week
about whether the cigarette tax should be raised, and this one, and the
outcomes invariably correspond to the proportion of smokers to nonsmokers.
Why would that result be surprising?
kc

> Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:31:36 -0400
> From: grady AT ibiblio.org
> To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: smoking-in-bars survey at NewRaleigh
>
> http://www.newraleigh.com/articles/archive/poll-non-smoking-bars1/
>
> There is the predictable long comment thread with three or four people
> going back and forth and back and forth, but what's really interesting
> are the results, which are *overwhelmingly* in favor of banning smoking
> in bars. Don't know that I would've predicted that, especially from the
> community that NewRaleigh seems to represent.
>
> While it isn't foolproof, they *do* at least use a cookie to try to keep
> you from voting multiple times.
>
> Ross

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.