ch-scene - Re: Finding good music in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Finding good music in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:25:32 -0400

As 3 used to say, everything is sucky.

www.rattlejar.com

On Aug 8, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Kevin Grealey <kevin.grealey AT mckinney.com> wrote:

I bet everyone except Hepler sucked. Mr. Hepler, five dollars please.

From: Shayne <shayne.d.oneill AT gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 11:44:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>

On Aug 6, 11:40 pm, "hepst... AT gmail.com" <hepst... AT gmail.com> wrote:
Now you've just made me hope that I'm one of the rude ones, because
you can't drop into a show and not pay. And shit, almost everyone
here that's in a band probably knows the club manager as well as if
not better than you do. Besides, if the band is playing at all, it
means that the club manager already likes them, or at least considers
them a draw worthy of their venue, so do it! But answer me this.
When you go to these club managers to complain about how horrible we
are, will you use your real name or will you just do it anonymously?
Also, on your way out, will you at least consider buying a T- shirt? I
mean, it's all about supporting the community isn't it?

My name is James Hepler, and I'm in Sorry About Dresden and I Was
Totally Destroying It, among others. I think you're kind of a
goober. You can come complain about how horrible IWTDI are this
Saturday at the Cat's Cradle. But it's a $25 cover. At least stay
for the other bands because they don't even know this list exists.
But be forewarned, if you roll into the show like you rolled into this
newsgroup, you might get mean and condescending responses.

Haha! James, you're my hero.

MCKINNEY