ch-scene - Re: Local music... who decides?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local music... who decides?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:11:45 -0500

Someone really needs to write an article, "The Legend of Tangeena Barren," if for no other reason than that their name has become part of the local lexicon, words packing multiple meanings, though most have long since forgotten what they sounded like. (I can only remember an acoustic "White Rabbit" played in Mister Mouse's living room at The Mousetrap one long ago July 4th.)

Not a gratuitously mean article, just a record of their brief tenure on our stages (and their lingering tenure on our traffic signs), and the meaning of it all.

www.rattlejar.com