ch-scene - Re: This Week's Indy

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeremy Blair" <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: This Week's Indy
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:21:48 -0500

The Nightlight article learned us all on what it takes to book touring
bands…they want guarantees, chips and salsa, etc. If a venue posts up some
hard-earned in order to bring in a touring band and then the Indy tells
people to skip it, that's pretty much not good for the venue. I think the
Indy's argument last time was that scoffing at touring band doesn't hurt the
local music scene because they point out local alternatives on the same
page. Hurts the venue though, as evidence by Glen bringing up this topic.
Venues arguably are the most important part of the music scene.