ch-scene - Re: This Week's Indy

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryk <chscene AT bryk.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: This Week's Indy
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:02:46 -0500

but the bands they're critiquing _aren't_ DIY bands for the most part. Glenn doesn't book those kind of shows anymore, he can't afford to book shows by bands he's never heard of; he'd lose his shirt. if your band is successful enough that Glenn returns your phone calls (or your agent's as the case may be) then you're big enough to suffer the slings and arrows of what passes for outrageous fortune these days.

god, this whole "we're not allowed to slag bands" discussion is so... Canadian.

what a shit day this is. i just found out joel dorn died, over a month ago. one of the best record producers that ever lived. patron saint of neglected singer-songwriters on major labels in the 70's. RIP, man.