ch-scene - Re: This Week's Indy

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: This Week's Indy
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:44:27 -0800 (PST)

My opinions on this subject are fairly well published
at this point, but one side of this that I hadn't
noticed before is that essentially telling people not
to go to a show puts those bands in bad moods. I
heard from three different people that one of the
bands were a bunch of jerks that night. And while
maybe their band sucked, and maybe they're always
assholes, traveling to a town to find the local press
slamming you, well, it doesn't make fior the funnest
evening for anyone.

While we give the indy folks a hard time here about
it, and while they take it well, the people the
writers don't have to worry about being confronted by
are the bands who get dissed. It's the other
representatives of the music community, the club
owners and the bands who have to bear the brunt of the
frustration they feel. Fans too.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs