ch-scene - Re: This Week's Indy

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "johngreenSF AT gmail.com" <johngreenSF AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: This Week's Indy
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:17:05 -0800 (PST)

What I don't get is: Clubs are closing .... and the Indy bemoans
this.... while telling us not to go to shows, it's bizarre.... like
they are a tabloid, Slime sells!!!

They are the source for music info in the triangle and it suck that
they seem so limited in their interests...

Grayson seems to be the main instigator, he has this real limited
range of musical interests: more focused on praising bands that snort
coke and puke on stage, wear jeans they never wash..... the rush isn't
the music but the amount of alcohol the crowd pounds down.... Maybe
Grayson should consult with the bands and clubs before they decide to
play here, save us all some time and money...

I stopped reading his articles after the depressing one about a band
called the weedeaters..... fuckin idiot

The other writers - especially Rick Cornell - and the mp3 links are
all worth the effort.....