ch-scene - Re: On Durham and identity

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: On Durham and identity
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:03:11 -0400

Well, I wouldn't believe everything I read on wikipedia, but here's a first stab at tracking down the answer, anyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalano_House

"JBar, a partnership of Andrew Rothschild(a Durham, NC commercial property developer and owner of Scientific Properties) and Jonathan Bluestone(a Raleigh, NC homebuilder and owner of Bluestone Builders), have since built three large houses on the property."

Ross

runder AT gmail.com wrote:

However the biggest reason I broke out of lurkerdom to join this
conversation is to say that if that rumor about the Catalano property
is true I'm going to cry. Here's a capture from October on Google
Maps http://flickr.com/photos/ihavegotthestyle/272989292/. Google
Maps still shows the same satellite shot today
http://www.google.com/maps?q=1467+Ridge+Rd,+Raleigh,+North+Carolina+27607,+USA&ie=UTF8&z=18&ll=35.808304,-78.687285&spn=0.001962,0.003648&t=k&om=1.
I guess if I had to guess what a developer would have put there,
that's what I would have guessed, but I wish they could have been more
creative. Durham! Let that be a lesson to you! Don't be like
Raleigh!

Elizabeth