ch-scene - Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall/Wetlands

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Rawls nospam" <rawlsnospam AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall/Wetlands
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:56:37 -0500

No offense to the LED plan (I respect it), I mean it's a good plan for
Raleigh...but, Mayor Meeker has been known to show up at Kings for Spot
shows (not the SST producer or the 506 trivia stalwart who's name has two
"t"s). Hopefully he has some fond memories of the place and can help Kings'
out...though underground culture often has to flourish without help from the
man/mayor/developers/parking decks...but damn Kings did have an awesome
parking set up. I mean for a region that has awful mass transit, dude, the
parking ruled!

Rawls