ch-scene - Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall/Wetlands

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Eric Mann" <trilamdabooking AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall/Wetlands
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:29:08 -0500

i put on some good dam shows at Wetlands from July - November last year.
My last show there was cinemechanica, amish jihad and alvarez painting.
It seemed to be a struggle for me to get through to the management time and
time
again. They kept moving in the direction of a dance club and the rock is
fazed out.
I gave it my best but it seems Wetlands burned out another loyal indie rock
booker.
No negative energy towards the place, just seemd like a great space but
never has
been used to its potential, plus an insane amount of noise complaints aimed
at the
venue for some strange reason.

blend? don't know much but its true. wonder if the pattern is
movement/cities show
has been canceled?

Trilamdabooking
http://www.myspace.com/trilamdabooking