ch-scene - Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall/Wetlands

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall/Wetlands
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:31:24 -0500

Well, everybody knows that nobody will want to visit the new Raleigh Convention Center if there are musicians and music fans loitering around downtown. We must make Raleigh safe for the annual Bridal Show, and the Boat Show, and the Home and Garden Show. I can only assume that the Pour House & Slim's have been secretly marked for death as well.

What amazes me is that this is all happening under the leadership of a supposed progressive/liberal/whatever mayor. I don't think the arts in Raleigh suffered any worse under Tom Fetzer.

As for Wetlands, well, that shit was *always* too good to be true. East Franklin St. kills live music. The bookings at the Library have tapered off significantly since their brief heyday last year as well.

Maybe what Raleigh needs is . . . Culture Shock! http://www.cultureshockonline.org/

Ross

Glenn Boothe / Local 506 wrote:
Not sure why these aren't topics yet, but I'll let Menconi's blog talk
about the Raleigh venues: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/beat/index.php?
cat=91

All I know about Wetlands is that it's no longer called Wetlands (now
Blend) and at least two shows were cancelled during that process. I'm
sure someone else is more knowledgable than me.

glenn