ch-scene - Re: Durham music scene

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham music scene
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:26:40 -0800 (PST)

NGASAMA, baby.

Bottom line. The kids are out there, they always have
been, and it's incredibly hard to get most of them out
to a show. You have to convince them in herds. The
internet helps, but it also hurts because local is
relative. Online, local has nothing to do with
geography. But I digress.

As far as me, no matter whether you're the cradle, the
506, wetlands, reservoir, whoever, you can only
squeeze X number of events out of me. Seem's like we
just need more we's. UNC, I'm looking in your
direction!