ch-scene - Re: eGullet founder/author dines at Federal

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: eGullet founder/author dines at Federal
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:29:03 -0800 (PST)

--- "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have to concur, as some of the worst, and some of
> the slowest (they can be mutally exclusive), service
> have recieved in recent memory has been at Federal
> on
> several different occasions.

Perchance would y'all getting the shitty service being
going to The Federal when it's already way
overcrowded? Are y'all the types who when you stick
you head in the door and see and impossibly large
crowd don't think once about going somewhere else and
coming back some other time?

I'm just saying, because I have several favorite spots
with the so popular they get slammed problem. Just
last week, I stuck my head in Jack Sprat's cuz I love
their everything handmade paninis and soups. The line
from the counter in the back was nearly to the door up
front. I've been in that line before. So I knew enough
to duck around to the newly reopened Alladin's
instead. Good thing, too. I couldn't believe the $7
lunch buffet. Best deal on Franklin Street. I know it
will be going out of business soon if it keeps
charging so little for so much good stuff. I'm hoping
I get to go there today if my slackass lunch bunch can
get motivated.

3